Regulatory Affairs Specialist
At our Business Group Ingredients we are looking for a Regulatory Affairs specialist. In this role you are part of the QA Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs cluster and will provide regulatory affairs support to QA, R&D, the production locations, and other parts of the business group. The Regulatory Affairs specialist performs a key role in maintaining the legal compliance of the Business Group processes as well as compliance to internal and external standards and policies. You are an expert on food legislation and have an extended network to obtain and share information. A key role for the specialist is the correct interpretation of the contents of existing legislation and you have the capability to translate this knowledge into tangible actions. You are fully up to date with the developments in legislation and you anticipate on new legislation by initiating projects and activities to prevent non-compliances. In addition, you update the business regularly on new legal developments as well as new developments in standards and policies. Moreover, the jobholder is actively involved in the design, review and optimization of standards, policies and guidelines.
What we ask
- University education Food Technology, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, or Law;
- Internationally oriented; fluent in Dutch and English;
- Profound knowledge of EU and international food legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Extended external network with relevant members and organizations;
- Minimum 5 year experience in a food producing company;
- Ability to persuasive communicate and influence regulators and other stakeholders
- Strong capability to analyze, interpret and synthesize on regulations and guidelines
- Organizational awareness.
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence;
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package;
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey;
- Exceptional support via cross disciplinary data-driven programs within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths;
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners;
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Supporting the business by consulting about legislation and driving the process of maintaining legal compliance;
• Updating the business on new developments in (food) legislation, including an impact assessment and proposals for adaptation;
• Translating expert food legislation knowledge into tangible actions;
• Performing regulatory risk assessments for development projects;
• Driving the process for registration of products and labels for export purposes;
• Member of the FrieslandCampina RA community and representing FrieslandCampina’ s positions internally as well as externally in relevant expert groups and organizations;
• Designing, reviewing and optimizing standards, policies and guidelines;
• Reporting to the QA Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs Manager
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.