Intern Product development chocolate milk
The department Product Development Ambient and concentrated Team develops dairy drinks and evaporated milks (mainly long life) in Europe, South-east Asia, and Africa.
During this internship the main objectives are to gain practical experience in an R&D organization and to develop personal skills and competences. The activities will be focusing on the processing of chocolate milk drink. We would like to build knowledge on upscaling and downscaling on pilot plant and factory scale and the impact on product quality.
The location is at the FrieslandCampina Innovation Center in Wageningen, with chance of visit our factories in Belgium.
What we ask
- An enthusiastic, independent, driven student that easily communicates with others
- Good foundation of food technology and food ingredients, basic knowledge of dairy technology
- Final years of relevant MSc study, e.g. Food Technology
- English language, both oral and written
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ambition to pursue a future career in product development or research
What we offer
We offer an interesting and challenging internship position, providing you the opportunity to develop yourself in your work field. You can count on sufficient professional supervision and a reasonable internship allowance.
The internship activities will focus on the downscaling and upscaling process of chocolate milk drink. Important aspects you will work on are:
- Literature study.
- Discussing stability issues, of different recipes and processes, sensorial aspects with internal and external experts.
- Setting up and assisting in pilot plant trials of different to test different processing conditions.
- Following the physical stability of the products during shelf-life and using/improving analytical methods (rheology, particle size measurements, microscopy etc.).
- Reporting all the results.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
The product development Ambient and concentrated Team is part of the Consumer Dairy R&D team and Wageningen, where we are connected to other R&D disciplines, like Research, Sensory, Packaging development and the pilot plant. We also work close together with our Marketing colleagues in Amersfoort, with colleagues in our global factories and with colleagues in our Innovation Center in Singapore.