Senior Business Accountant
Coordinate and ensure the daily execution of Record to Report processes are in line with corporate guidelines, internal procedures and the departmental goals.
Ensure that accounting principles, policies and procedures are complied with; internal controls are adhered to; terms of the service level agreement are consistently met; and that efficient workflows and best practices are adopted, in the Record to Report department.
Understand and able to address the treatment of deviations and exceptions, via phone and e-mail handling and maintains positive working relationships with cross-functional teams and business partners.
Coordinate and implement operational changes. Act as single point of contact (SPOC) for business partners.
What we ask
- Higher vocational or Bachelor or Master
- 6+ years (higher vocational or Bachelor) / 4+ years (Master)
- Good knowledge of all business processes including relation to own discipline and proactively anticipate and support/coach stakeholders on consequences
- In the lead to interact with business partners
- Volume of work is not stable, often change in scope
- Processes in scope are mainly not transactional and repetitive
- Processes in scope are not standardized yet and different per OpCo.
- Number of systems in use to support core process in scope of team is more than 3
- Draws conclusions based on analysis and gives advice on optimizing existing practice
- Identifies shortcomings in current methods, systems and procedures. Analyses, proposes and (where possible) implements alternatives
- Answers questions, informs and advises on operational, technical and and non-standard issues on request and at own initiative
- Participates in projects regarding the own area of expertise, e.g. (financial) databases, process improvement.
What we offer
A young, agile team of professionals who collaborate to identify process improvements to better support our business partners with financial insights to make sound business decision.
- Coordination of workload and (closing) process within Staff cluster
- Handle and solve integral business process escalations.
- Analyze and evaluate RtR business processes, and advice on improving these processes.
- Develop standards for business processes
- Coordinate and implement complex internal and external business changes
- Operational and tactical Contact person and Key user for business accounting processes
- Responsible for alignment business processes within FSSC
- Perform month end and year-end schedules.
- Is tactical and operational contact for business partners.
- Organize Operational Performance Meeting with internal customers.
- Coordinate and prepare periodical and ad hoc business reports required, based on (external) supervisory bodies and/or legal requirements and legislation.
- Perform business accounting analyzes and draw up performance indicators to support the (team) manager.
- Reporting on financial and non financial KPI’s.
- Reporting on Service Level Agreement to OpCo.
- Provide insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses, based on reporting guidelines.
- Take part in and manage and execute (or ensure execution of) assigned business finance-related internal or external FSSC projects, with the project management guidelines.
- Signalize bottle necks in (work) processes and advice regarding improvements in processes and procedures, and ensure implementation after approval.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.