FrieslandCampina is on a digital, data-centric transformation journey. A critical enabler is the global Azure data platform that we are building. It is designed to support a hub-spoke data & analytics operating model, with re-usability of data and enablement of DevOps at the core.
As the Data Modeler, you are a key contributor to building Data Modelling Capability within the company. Internally you will collaborate closely with the team from Data Analytics and Integration cluster. Towards our Data Modeling community, you will act as a subject matter expert, to drive knowledge exchange and develop best practices.
Our company is known for its “kitchen-table pragmatism”. We like to see this reflected in the way that we model our data. We take inspiration from best practices in the field, for instance data mesh concepts, but we don’t believe in dogma’s or highly theoretical approaches – you are expected to define the way that fits best with FrieslandCampina.
Being part of the Data Services and Foundation team, you will be working within the Global Data & Analytics cluster mainly at our Amersfoort location (hybrid).
What we ask
To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate:
- Deep understanding in conceptual and logical organization of data
- Exceptional knowledge in abstraction towards data concepts
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and implementation, preferably using Azure DevOps
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience with Erwin Data Modeler is considered a plus
As an international company, our primary business language is English, and we often work with remote teams. Bringing in excellent communication skills and good cultural awareness will accelerate your success!
What we offer
Next to our unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence, we offer you an environment in which you can form and carry out your own vision on the Data Modeling Capability. You will get to explore different approaches, share your experiences and grow together as a community.
- We offer a good work-life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
- Designing conceptual and logical data models, modeling principles and guidelines for all data domains, ensuring they meet the quality requirements
- Making data available for subscribing/consuming applications via domain oriented Data Consumption Hub.
- Actively contributing Data Modeling Community; knowledge sharing, continuous improvement and development quality assurance within the BI and Data Science DevOps teams.
- Building purpose-specific, performance-optimized data models.
- You will work closely together with the Data Engineering team, for delivering the data pipelines that populate the data models with actual data.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.