Manager Data & Analytics
FrieslandCampina has set out an ambitious Sustainability strategy: Nourishing a better planet that aims to offer best nutrition to consumers while meeting our high environment and social aspirations. To achieve this goal we have been working on reducing environmental impact of all parts of our value chain for many years. The recent evolution of digital and data tools and technologies, provides us with exciting new opportunities to accurately measure, monitor and act on our environmental impact. Catalyzed by the increasing Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) reporting requirements, for e.g., CSRD, we would like to recruit a senior D&A manager to accelerate our data journey.
As a product manager, you will play a central role in designing and delivering a fit-for-the-future digital foundation. You will be in charge of setting up efficient data processes not only to meet the reporting requirements but also go beyond in creating business impact to customers. Your primary responsibility is to help us detail our D&A roadmap for ESG, get commitment from stakeholders on the roadmap, functionally lead a team of ESG D&A professionals and oversee the delivery of D&A solutions as per the roadmap. A major deliverable will be getting the data ready by year end 2024 for CSRD reporting on all prioritized ESG KPIs. You will be based in business (not IT) but collaborate extensively with multiple functional domains including Sustainability, Supply Chain, Finance, IT and R&D.
What we ask
- 10+ years of experience in a technical D&A product management role in business intelligence and data analytics or 5+ years product manager experience in the same.
- Proven track-record of deploying digital solutions, particularly in the cloud.
- First-hand experience with databases, data engineering / pipeline creation, data management, BI, agile and scrum (ideally with Azure and PowerBI).
- Able to lead a program with multiple initiatives in parallel to deliver on both short and longer term strategic goals.
- Able to develop and/or contribute to a future proof vision for how the ESG data foundation should be organized.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively bridge the D&A and the business worlds, and to align (senior) stakeholders on priorities and solution directions.
- Good at coaching and enabling junior data scientists and analysts.
- Knowledge of ESG reporting requirements is an advantage.
What we offer
- Opportunity to step into the world of Sustainability and contribute to a more sustainable future for our business and the society.
- Exposure to senior stakeholders and to the complete range of business domains and sustainability challenges.
- Learning opportunities, and growth on Digital and/or Sustainability career paths.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A highly skilled, ambitious and fun team, who values change and sees opportunities.
- Hybrid and flexible way of working.
As a ESG D&A product manager, you will be a spider in the web, and work with Corporate Sustainability, Digital R&D, Finance, IT and other functions to help realize FrieslandCampina Sustainability goals through data and analytics. You will work closely with various ESG topic business owners and D&A responsible colleagues, and with internal and external IT partners to realize these goals.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Detail our D&A roadmap with individual ESG topic leads to deliver on our ESG goals.
- Lead (virtual) ESG D&A team, coordinating cross-pillar D&A roadmap, aligning on the scope of activities, and introducing best practices on data collection, storage, analysis and provisioning, in line with reporting requirements.
- Coach junior D&A responsible working on individual pillars to generate prototypes of data products to hand them over to the IT production team.
- Be the primary point of contact from business towards various IT teams (internal and external) to align on scope and priorities of activities, and embed IT production and regulatory requirements into data products.
- Maintain an overview of portfolio of activities with clear priorities, and where possible extract synergies across topics.
- Get buy-in and support from senior stakeholders within the Sustainability department and outside through regular discussions and priority setting.
This role will work in the R&D Digital team with full focus on ESG. The team comprises of ~15 individuals that are specialized in a range of complementary Digital technologies. The team works on a broad range of digital activities ranging from skill development, digitization of processes, BI to machine learning. The team is primarily based in R&D center in Wageningen but works out of both Wageningen and Global head-office in Amersfoort.
Contact: If you have any further questions about the above-mentioned position, please do not hesitate to contact Vidya Ranade.