The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment in the manufacturing facility. This includes three phase electrical systems, PLC automated processing and packaging machinery and works as part of a Team with contractors and/or other Colleagues on installation, maintenance, and calibration of temperature, pressure and flow devices for equipment.
What we ask
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Technical degree with a minimum of two years work experience in a food manufacturing plant or a High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 4 years work experience in a manufacturing plant; Industrial electrical background preferred
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) trouble shooting/programming experience
- Electrical Instrumentation (Recorders, temperature, pressure/flow) equipment repair & calibration
- Experience with industrial high-pressure boiler
- Sanitary welding is a plus
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Able to enter work order information into SAP
- Good verbal communication skills
We value talented people from any background eager to contribute to something bigger than themselves. All of our employees have a strong drive to work on things that matter and make decisions that increase the impact of our organization. We trust you and your knowledge will make the difference. It is our belief that everyone influences the company results and the realization of our purpose ‘Nourishing by Nature’ by providing better nutrition for the world. Therefore, your personal development is considered of great importance.
FrieslandCampina offers a platform in which you are boss of your own career and development. We are always looking for talents that are customer focused, take responsibility for their work and are continuously looking for opportunities to make a change. We can’t make a better world on our own, but we can do things that matter together.
What we offer
At FrieslandCampina we take good and transform it into great! FrieslandCampina is unique because our suppliers, the farmers, are also our owners and we control the whole supply chain from grass to glass. Everyone at FrieslandCampina is contributing to things that matter: bringing better nutrition to the world, securing a better living for our farmers, now and for generations to come.
The Maintenance Mechanic is essential to our success, our Mechanics ensure all equipment is running optimally to allow Manufacturing to create products of the highest quality and ensuring customer satisfaction, and have the mindset that will always seek to do better! You will work in collaboration with a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people - what you do will be fulfilling, impactful, and meaningful - deliver healthy nutrition to millions around the world.
We offer a very competitive compensation package including health benefits and 401k. FrieslandCampina also offers you the ability to continue to grow, because that development benefits both our products and your career.
The Maintenance Mechanic is a skilled position that requires a candidate that is well versed in current Manufacturing equipment maintenance and has the motivation to ensure they have a thorough knowledge of new equipment for installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for routine repairs and production equipment adjustments.
- Responsible for daily inspection rounds checklists of equipment in assigned area.
- Read and perform Work Orders as scheduled concerning service and/or installation of machinery.
- Continuously improve various skills and obtain new skills as technology dictates.
- Maintain a working knowledge of resources available, to include Vendors, Engineers, Outside Technicians/Experts.
- Obtain necessary information to complete order form for needed parts.
- Communicate all important information to Supervision and update as needed.
- Utilize plant data systems, Outlook, Ivue, Historian, SAP, Elicit.
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in maintenance shop and production floor.
- Must progress through the Mechanic step training program TPC.
- Follow all GMP’s and other daily/job specific duties.
- Duties will include working on the following type equipment (Water, Air, Steam, Electrical, Gas, Refrigeration, Hydraulic, Mechanical Systems).
- Install, assemble and test new equipment; ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled maintenance as appropriate.
- Monitor, identify and respond to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature fluctuations, sounds/smells or energy usage; troubleshoot.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs on plant machinery, including mechanical, electric and hydraulic; identify and replace worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
- Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of appropriate cleanliness; create and maintain a schedule for inspection, service and testing of machinery.
- Work effectively with other team members in a loud environment
Additionally, the Mechanic must be able to take and comprehend verbal instruction and communications from supervision, other mechanics and site colleagues concerning duties and the status of various processes responsible to control. The internal training process includes a certification step and is expected to perform duties independently with minimal direct supervision.
In the course of duties works with transport vehicles, mechanical devices, hot water, and potentially hazardous materials in accordance with GMP and Safety policies, state/local laws, and procedures mentioned above.
Team DetailsSee all colleagues on LinkedIn
Owned by a co-op of dairy farmers, we believe in working together. We collaborate with passion and focus to ensure every solution for our customers is spot on. We are commercially obsessed. Our success comes from the right ingredients crafted by our employees who believe that the Inside Matters.
We are inspired and believe in:
- the possibilities dairy ingredients can impact our lives for the good
- setting new standards in Early Life Nutrition
- creating amazing tastes and textures for Food & Beverage
- using dairy nutrients to improve health and sustain life
FrieslandCampina is on a mission to provide products that are nourishing, pure, tasty, and safe. Does the inside matter to you? Learn more about our vision and join a winning team!