Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be supporting customers who are experiencing issues by participating in lead root cause analysis activities, will develop and maintain effective systems to achieve quality objectives, and will identify continuous improvement opportunities throughout the manufacturing process. The position will develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. In addition, the position provides support to QA in the areas of food safety and sanitation, and auditing.
What we ask
Bachelor's Degree in food engineering, food science, biochemistry, industrial microbiology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Manufacturing/Supplier Quality environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Good command of Chemistry and biochemistry principles
- Contributes to continuous improvement via the realization of incremental improvements.
- Participates regularly in projects regarding their own areas of expertise.
In the performance of their tasks and duties employees are expected to:
- Perform quality work within deadlines, accountable for own actions.
- Interact professionally/respectfully with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently and understand the necessity for communicating/coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Follows corporate Mindset/Behaviour of CARL
- Capacity – intellectual and analytical strength
- Ambition – demonstrate a strong commitment to results and own progress
- Relationships – awareness of self and sensitivity regarding the impact on others
- Learning Agility – ability to learn from experience
What we offer
At FrieslandCampina Ingredients we take good and transform it into great!
FrieslandCampina Ingredients is a world-class, global leader in dairy value-added, healthy, and functional ingredients and solutions. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value-add ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
FCI helps customers win in the market, especially where nutrition matters most such as infant & toddler nutrition, adult performance, lifestyle, healthy aging along with medical and cell nutrition industries with natural, value-added ingredients.
Advice and communication: Advise management and staff related to QA issues, ensure transfer of knowledge to management and staff and organize/ provide relevant training, on request and pro-active needs
Projects: Plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of assigned projects related to customer issues and the Quality department.
Knowledge development: Collect information (e.g. via benchmarking), keep knowledge up to date, monitor internal/external developments, and share relevant information
External Network: Participate in diverse committees, consultative bodies, and/or conferences on behalf of FrieslandCampina and develop and maintain a network of relevant external contacts based on direction from management
Functional Duties (include but not limited to)
- Performs statistical analysis for the qualification, control, and continuous improvement of processes, products, and equipment.
- Works closely with customers and internal staff to monitor and address quality issues with appropriate problem-solving methods.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identify quality problems or areas for improvement in the manufacturing process and recommend solutions.
- Develops document procedures, work or test instructions, and other technical documents for assigned projects.
- Provides technical support to internal technicians, and/or customers as required.
- Lead or participate in problem-solving sessions addressing safety, quality, productivity, or cost issues.
- Suggest methods to improve operational efficiency.
- Support and verification of CAPAs and auditing procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of quality policies and procedures and support drafting and reviewing procedures and work instructions.
- Be the liaison between QA and Continuous Improvement.
We believe that we need to embrace the challenges we are faced with so we work tirelessly to increase nutritional benefits, new sensory experiences, and innovative application methods to bring more goodness to our products and the customers we serve. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value-added ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.