Procurement Market Analytics Expert
Do you want to make positive impact, work for one of the biggest dairy companies in the world, combine deep market knowledge with business partnering and enhance data driven decision making in procurement? Come to join the Procurement Data & Analytics team! We thrive to lead procurement in data driven decision making and insights generation. Together we are driving the Data agenda of FrieslandCampina global procurement, creating an engaging journey for our 300 procurement professionals to become true data citizens.
Data & Analytics has become a key discipline to enable our Global Procurement Transformation Program. We’re driving competitive advantage for FrieslandCampina by treating procurement data and analytics as a strategic asset. Working closely with Global Category Procurement and local Business Procurement and the specialists of our global IT department, together with a new team of talented data and analytics experts, you will play a crucial role in setting up and implementing our procurement D&A strategy.
Our new team is engaged in many high impact projects and strategies within our procurement department. From data-driven market analysis & forecasting, to smart data management, to data modelling & data science. You will have the opportunity to drive market insights in your own domain and contribute to new data innovations for FrieslandCampina procurement.
What we ask
Graduate in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest
3+ years working experience in market analytics
Experience in cost modelling and market reporting
Experience in a Procurement environment is a plus
Excellent analytical skills
Good communication skills and the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Experience in PowerBI or other Business Intelligence software is required
Experience in SQL, Microsoft Azure, Python and Dataiku is a plus
Fluency in English
What we offer
- Next to our unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence, we offer you an environment in which you can form and carry out your own creativity and passion to develop the use cases with business. You will get to explore different approaches, share your experiences and grow together as a community.
- We offer a good work-life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- When working in the central office: free cheese and milk at lunch, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
Purpose of the role
Being a subject matter expert on market developments, to feed the procurement organization with insights that enable their creation of purchasing strategies
Advocate data-driven decision making while shaping the Market Analytics function
Develop the Market Analytics function and implement best of breed solutions using external market data sources
Collaborate with the Global Category teams and Local Business Procurement teams
Create and communicate key market insights for business decision making
Analyse and manage external market sources
Build, maintain and improve fundamental reports (supply and demand balances)
Track commodity and semi commodity (Packaging, Specialties, Logistics) markets and do on-demand analysis on non-commodity markets
Scan structured and unstructured external data sources to explain price development and its drivers (availability, macro-economic, regulatory), advise on exposure and hedging
Drive and improve automation and digitalization of all standard reports and improve all data driven processes
Make market data a real business asset for decision making
Proactive advocating of data-driven decision making
Contribute to the future roadmap of innovative market development monitoring with techniques like Artificial Intelligence to improve forecasting and impact analysis
- Procurement Data & Analytics team consists of 8 members located in the Netherlands and Singapore. We thrive to lead procurement in data driven decision making and insights generation. Together we are driving the Data agenda of FrieslandCampina global procurement, creating a fun journey for our 300 procurement professionals to become true data citizens. Come to join us!
- FrieslandCampina does not only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow as that also benefits our company. That is why we invest in relevant training courses in the own discipline and in additional skills and perspectives, such as the Procurement Academy which offers a range of learning journeys, access to Procurement related e-learnings and more. In addition, the mutual exchange of knowledge with your other colleagues is also crucial, as it is the most effective way to learn.
- Procurement has a winning performance culture, which is translated into Procurement values and behaviours.
The 4 values are:
- I am connected by nature;
- I am courageous by nature;
- I am curious by nature;
- Integrity is our nature.