Category Procurement Manager Direct Materials - Specialties
- This might be the most interesting position within our team -
At FrieslandCampina Procurement, you will join a highly ambitious department with the mission to bring value for FrieslandCampina via a Transformation program. Inspired by connectivity, people development and efficiency, the Transformation Program offers a unique opportunity to change the heart of Procurement. We are seeking talented Procurement professionals who have a change mindset and want to join us. We value talent!
You will be responsible for managing the following categories: Flavors, Fruits, cereals and plant based protein products. These ingredients are used globally and have a strategic importance in the consumer products due to their market differentiator role and/or cost share impact.
Key responsibility as a category buyer is to develop the global sourcing strategy for your product portfolios. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining supplier relationships. Stakeholder management, both external as well as internal, is at senior level.
Together with our Business Procurement teams you are responsible for driving optimization projects throughout our global organization.
Another key element of your job is to lead the governance and performance management of some strategic suppliers therefore excellent communication and project management skills are essential for this.
What we ask
- University degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in a procurement or commercial function in a complex international company, preferably in the FMCG
- Commercially focused - lead complex negotiations
- Strong communication skills: Professional communication & sell ideas, strong persuasion skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Results oriented, proactive and customer focused
- Highly capable to work efficiently with multiple internal and external stakeholders and interfaces
- Strong in strategic thinking (vision), analytics and decision making
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
Your key accountabilities are the following:
Lead in the global procurement of your portfolios : build global sourcing strategy in alignment with FrieslandCampina business requirements.
Lead global negotiations and contracting: negotiate spot business as well as long(er) term supply agreements (price negotiations, T&C’s, etc.).
Savings and Value creation: you are responsible for identifying savings and value creation opportunities. It is your responsibility to translate savings ideas into tangible projects in alignment with business stakeholders.
Manage relationship with Strategic & Key Suppliers to drive value, security of supply & innovation.
Vendor performance: Monitor supplier performance, issues and complaints across your vendor portfolio and agreed SLAs/KPIs. In case of escalation, support Business Procurement teams and/or directly engage with the vendor and business stakeholder(s) to resolve.
Sustainability: You will be responsible for developing new sustainability initiatives and maintaining current Procurement sustainability targets.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
This role is within the Specialties category procurement team, a very diverse and multicultural team constitued of 8 people across Europe & Asia