On the site in Leeuwarden we have three plants: Powder/Sweetened Condensed Milk, EVAP (Coffee cream) and a Can factory. We are looking for a Plant Manager for the Can factory. The Can factory is an one-of-a-kind factory within FrieslandCampina as it produces the cans which serve as package for the neighboring EVAP factory. The Can factory is large in size (it produces 1,2 billion cans each year) and it is technically very complex. The Plant Manager is responsible for securing a reliable production as the can production directly links with the EVAP production (processing about 300,000 kg raw milk per day): no delivery of cans means no milk processing. This implies an intensive continuous improvement program with technical and managerial challenges including incorporating new techniques, capability shift, culture change, etc. for the Can factory.
Wat we vragen
- Academic level, preferably with a technical background or affinity;
- 10+ years of experience in production, preferably in food industry;
- Able to determine and steer business implications of change management;
- Familiar with continuous improvement techniques;
- Fits into a culture of cost leadership;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Good communication skills on all levels;
- Coaching skills;
- Willing to move to within 1 hour driving distance from Leeuwarden.
Wat we bieden
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That's why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
- Realization production planning by ensuring the execution of activities within the plant according to standards;
- Keeps the plant compliant with the safety, quality and environmental norms;
- Ensures that production costs are managed within budget;
- Steers the organization based on relevant KPI's and makes sure all employees (+/- 150) focus on the main priorities;
- Ensures the right organization and capabilities and enables the people within the organization to develop required knowledge and skills to perform;
- Is a role model for the people within the organization focusing on the right mindset and behavior;
- Ensures that the equipment with the organization is reliable;
- Leads plant management team (5 Production managers working in 5 shifts, Maintenance manager, 2 Continuous Improvement managers, SHE, QA, Finance and HR);
- Responsible for continuous improvement of processes through the WCOM methodology;
- Responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance in the plant;
- Is a member of the Management Team of Supply Chain Leeuwrden. Reporting to Make Director Cluster Leeuwarden/Middle East/Africa.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
FrieslandCampina Supply Point Leeuwarden, The Netherlands is part of the Business Group Consumer Dairy. At our plant we produce and pack powder and (sweetened) condensed milk products. The Plant Manager Can factory is reporting to the Make Director Cluster Leeuwarden/Middle East/Africa and is part of the Management Team of Supply Chain Leeuwarden.