Planner Demand Planning
FrieslandCampina Ingredients (FCI) is a world-class, global leader in dairy and plant-based value-added, healthy and functional ingredients and solutions. In close cooperation with customers and through the exchange of in-depth expertise, FCI helps customers to win in the market especially in the areas where nutrition matters most, such as for infants, elderly people, for delivering performance and medical nutrition. The business group serves the infant & toddler nutrition, medical nutrition, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and feed industries with natural, value-added ingredients and dedicated innovations. FCI is a global business with sales offices, dedicated ingredient research and production facilities around the world in the Netherlands, Germany, United States, Indonesia, China, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Egypt, New Zealand and India.
As Demand Planner you are responsible for the demand management processes within FrieslandCampina Ingredients. You are the linking pin between Sales and Supply Network Planning. As demand planner you are responsible to create, consolidate, monitor and improve the demand plan based on the commercial and Marketing plans (operational and tactical horizon). The demand plan is used as a base for the S&OP process in which demand is consolidated by the logistical Hubs and compared to the supply that is available. Marketing, Sales, Supply Network Planning and Demand Management work together to fulfil the customer demand at the required service levels which is the base for the financial planning.
The core of the Demand Planning activities is an effective Demand Review process in which the Demand Planner challenges forecasted volumes. As a result Forecast Accuracy & Forecast Bias, service level improve and waste levels are reduced. you will be a Business Partner to Sales, Finance & Marketing for (budget) Volumes and Integrated Commercial Planning
What we ask
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
Master degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related discipline
Commercial / Business Administration way of thinking and working
Experience with Forecast accuracy, demand consumption and Stock
Proven track record in S&OP process, Forecasting, Supply chain management, sales management, Financial management
Knowledge of ERP-systems (preferred SAP APO DP/SNP, BW)
Experience with BI dashboards (e.g. Micro Strategy)
Excellent communication skills in English (& Dutch preferably), ability to influence without authority, ability to build relationships cross-functionally to ensure a new way of working will be embraced
High level of analytical skills and able to perform statistical analysis
Driven to be challenged and deliver a high impact contribution
Strong drive towards customer satisfaction and operational excellence
Pro-active attitude and people person / team player
Enthusiastic, able to motivate and engage with colleagues, management and customers
Problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges
Cost/benefits awareness, thinking both in volumes and financial impact
What we offer
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it's important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
1. Demand Creation
- Consolidate Segment Demand plans into S&OP demand plans
- Challenge sales in Demand Review meetings
- Challenge marketing in timing and volumes of new product introductions
- Be the point of contact on product availability for commercial organization
2. Inventory management
- Stock & obsolete management together with Supply Chain
3. Requirements & needs
- Translate business dynamics into the demand plans
- Understand, apply and maintain segment rule book
- Coordinate activities related to the constraining and allocation process
4. Monitoring planning (PDCA-cycle) & Analysis
- Monitor, analyze and challenge the quality of the Segment demand plans
- Drive continuous improvement of the forecast accuracy
- Process changes in demand in the operational and tactical horizon
- Facilitate the scenario management process
5. Management information
- Support KPI Dashboard (FA+FB)
- Provide insights and decision documents regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical (S&OP, budget, RF and LRP) and ad hoc reports and/or analyses, based on reporting guidelines to drive PDCA cycle
- Responsible to develop insightful, actionable and user friendly KPI dashboards and reports and to distribute share with relevant stakeholders
6. Continuous Improvement: Processes, procedures and systems
- Observe and evaluate bottlenecks and identify opportunities and drives improvement actions in demand planning and demand consolidation related (work) processes, planning systematics, procedures and/or systems, and ensure implementation of improvements after approval in the Hub and Segment
- Key user for relevant tools.
- Leads & participate in multi-disciplinary projects.
The demand planning team within FrieslandCampina Ingredients consist of 8 demand planners spread over 4 customer segments and report to the manager demand planning. The 4 segments (Early Life Nutrition, Adult Nutrition, Food and Beverages and Animal Nutrition) all have their own business dynamics. In order to maximize your impact to the customer you need to use the scale advantages we have on a team level and tailor your approach to your segment’s needs by only allowing for value adding uniqueness.
The dynamics in the market combined with skilled team members provides a great working place in which you will be challenged!