Within FrieslandCampina, LQS serves as independent central laboratory for QC-analyses in raw materials, intermediate and finished products, packaging material, process water and waste water for the FrieslandCampina Opco’s. As a PAT Specialist, you will be part of the PAT team in the department of business support. Business Supports operates in an international environment and supports more than 50 production locations worldwide with QC related expertise in microbiology, sensory, chemical and process analytic technology. The PAT cluster within Business Support is a growing team that plays an essential role in developing the FrieslandCampina strategy of moving towards product qualification/fingerprinting techniques, inline measurements and applying and maintaining a wider range of spectroscopic and not spectroscopic analytical techniques in the business.
What we ask
- Msc or PhD degree in chemical engineering or physical chemistry or food technology
- Strong expertise in spectroscopy (NIR, Raman) and other analytical techniques for inline process measurements
- Experience with inline or atline measurement of physical properties like viscosity and particle size distribution
- Experience with processing spectroscopic data processing techniques (PLS, PCA) and the required software tools for this ( for example matlab or Simca)
- More than 3 years experience in an industrial environment ( pharmaceutical, chemical, dairy or food) with applying spectroscopic techniques
- Strong communication and project management skills with stakeholders at different levels in the organization, acting as an ambassador for the team and the projects the team is working on.
- Hands on in running experiments in a lab or in a production setting and to do troubleshooting on locations
- Change management skills to implement standards around new atline and inline measurements
- Capability to facilitate and give trainings about inline and atline measurements
- Excellent English skills, Dutch is a plus but not required.
What we offer
- Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training.
- FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it's important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it.
- The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
As the PAT specialist, you will develop, implement and maintain inline and atline measurements in close cooperation with all FC businesses. You will work within a team of specialists and analysts and report to the Cluster Leader Process Analytical Technology. As a member of a multidisciplinary team you will:
- Maintain an external network with suppliers to constantly scout for new developments in the area of inline and atline measurements to assess their suitability for FrieslandCampina
- Contribute to the standards that are developed in the national regulatory bodies and international standardization bodies (IDF, ISO)
- Based on your competences, guide root cause analysis activities with the current network of inline and atline instruments and suggest the right short term corrective as well as long term preventive actions that match the long term strategy.
- Regular travelling in the Netherlands (10 % of the time) and occasional travels abroad will be part of the job
The PAT cluster within Business Support is a growing team that plays an essential role in developing the FrieslandCampina strategy of moving towards product qualification/fingerprinting techniques, inline measurements and applying and maintaining a wider range of spectroscopic and not spectroscopic analytical techniques in the business.