R&D Data Expert
As a R&D Data Expert you will be responsible for identifying business opportunities, supporting the shaping of digital roadmaps and identifying and implementing solutions to improve processes and products of Specialized Nutrition through the use of appropriate digital technologies.
What we ask
Master or bachelor’s degree in food technologies and sciences with 5+ years’ hands-on experience with digital applications in the field.
Or master or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, natural sciences, or engineering with 5+ years’ application experience in the food industry.
- Knowledgeable in statistics and experienced in various statistical analyses.
- Preferably experienced with digital tools (e.g., Excel, Minitab, R or Python) or at least have a solid digital foundation to be able to quickly acquire new digital skills/tools (Dataiku, Power BI, Databricks)
- A continuous improvement, and equally importantly a continuous learning mindset – as the tool landscape in digital evolves considerably and fast with time
Good capability in identifying business gaps/opportunities in our work processes.
Excellent stakeholder management capabilities: good communication (listening) and presentation skills
What we offer
- Opportunity to step into the exciting and futuristic digital world.
- Opportunity to work at the application interface between digital and (Specialized Nutrition) business in R&D environment.
- Exposure to (senior) stakeholders, and opportunity to address strategic business issues using data within Specialized Nutrition and potentially therebeyond (R&D, FC).
- Learning opportunities, growth on the R&D expert path and potential growth on a digital career path.
- A compact but highly skilled team, who values change and sees opportunities
- Ability to grow: we invest in relevant training courses.
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Workweek of 38 hours, competitive pension scheme, holiday allowance of 8%, end year allowance 3%, bonus scheme, flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
We are looking for a R&D Data Expert within the Development Specialized Nutrition department in Wageningen. As a team we develop Specialized Nutrition for young children, pregnant and lactating women. These consumers have very specific needs and therefore it’s essential to develop robust, safe and compliant products with the right nutrition.
Digitalization is one of the key enablers of FrieslandCampina’s “Our Purpose, Our Plan” strategy. There are tremendous opportunities within R&D and FrieslandCampina's various business groups for boosting efficiency and effectiveness by means of digital tools and techniques. In order to realize these opportunities within Specialized Nutrition, being one of the main and most dynamic business units within the company, we are looking for a R&D Data Expert within the division, who can identify new business opportunities, challenge, and optimize existing processes in, but not limited only to, our New Product Development and Portfolio Management processes using digital technology to drive innovation and growth.
As a R&D Data Expert, you will, therefore, be responsible for identifying business opportunities, supporting the shaping of digital roadmaps and identifying and implementing solutions to improve processes and products of Specialized Nutrition through the use of appropriate digital technologies. To deliver on this responsibility, you will work in close cooperation with:
- all our highly skilled development and specification specialists and experts in the NPD domain of infant formulas,
- our key stakeholders across various disciplines of the business group, for example Product Management, Supply Chain and Nutrition.
- Digital R&D team and IT teams within FrieslandCampina to collaborate on latest innovative digital trends and capabilities suitable for our business needs.
Your work will primarily be focused on applying appropriate technologies and advanced data analytics techniques to solve currently identified problems/opportunities in the field of new product development and innovation, increase operational effectiveness and efficiency while ensuring regulatory and compliance requirements are met. Therefore, a strong background and hands-on experience in Digital Innovation and deep knowledge of the processes and challenges of NPD are key to success in this role.
Engage relevant stakeholders to understand their NPD challenges and translate them into digital needs.
Leverage on the diverse digital expertise within the R&D Digital team to deliver on those needs.
Collaborate and consult stakeholders to create appropriate data-driven insights and digital solutions.
Define, develop, and embed solutions into the business through presentations, training and continuous support.
Create stakeholder buy-in and promote the use of digital tools and solutions in Specialized Nutrition.
Stay up to date on the evolving landscape of tools and technologies, invest in learning some of the relevant tools (especially related to processing large amounts of data), and proactively experiment with them to stay at the cutting edge.
Build a network of experts, inside and outside RFC, to consult on tools and techniques.
Provide input into overall digital strategy and plans, and contribute to digital capability building of Specialized Nutrition (and beyond).
Team DetailsSee all colleagues on LinkedIn
Specialized Nutrition R&D team is a large team (~70 colleagues) consisting of highly skilled product developers, raw materials/specification/lab specialists and product/technologies experts, who are all committed to bringing new innovative and nutritious products to babies around the world. The majority of the team is based in the FrieslandCampina Innovation Center in Wageningen.
Innovation Centre Wageningen
Want to work with colleagues from 32 nationalities in R&D who work together intensively in an inspiring environment? Then here is your opportunity. Our Innovation Centre in Wageningen consists of four parts: a large pilot plant with cooling and storage warehouses and three buildings in which the offices and the strictly hygienic laboratories are housed. Pedestrian bridges and atriums connect the different parts with each other. The centre also includes an experience centre, an innovation kitchen and a test bakery. Here, Consumers, Customers and Employees of FrieslandCampina from all over the world can experience our tasty products. In order to accelerate and strengthen our innovation process, we also work together with innovation partners such as Wageningen University & Research Centre, other knowledge institutes, our member dairy farmers, customers and suppliers in the Innovation Centre.
About our team and office:
- A multidisciplinary team — highly skilled, focused on making our best work together
- A friendly environment — with wonderful cafeteria, free milk, cheese and Lattiz coffee
- Sustainability - BREEAM certified sustainable building & and in view of the rise of electric means of transport, there are charging points for electric cars, scooters and / or bicycles.
About your work-life balance:
- The option to work from home — we learned to master Hybrid working
- Travel reimbursement — if you don't live around the corner
Learn more about our innovation center here: