Procurement Market Analytics Expert - Packaging & Logistics
Do you want to make positive impact, work for one of the biggest dairy companies in the world, combine deep market knowledge with business partnering and enhance data driven decision making in procurement? Then we're looking for you.
Purpose of the role
• Being a subject matter expert on market developments in the Packaging and Logistics domain
• Track material prices, their determinants, and forecast future price movements
• To feed the procurement organization with insights that enable their creation of purchasing strategies and decisions
• Advocate data-driven decision making while shaping the Market Analytics function
This is an ideal role for an analyst from agency or producer side, or a data-driven procurement professional (buyer) who wants to dive deeper into data.
The Market Analyst will work in the Global Procurement Data & Analytics team and will report to the Manager Procurement Data & Analytics.
What we ask
• Graduate in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest
• 3+ years working experience in market analytics
• Experience in cost modelling and market reporting
• Experience in a Procurement environment is a plus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good communication skills and the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Experience in PowerBI or other Business Intelligence software is required
• Experience in Python, SQL, Microsoft Azure, and/or Dataiku is a plus
• Proactive attitude
• Fluency in English
What we offer
• A purpose driven organisation – nourishing by nature
• Empowering our people with the right level of autonomy
• An international work environment that is friendly and inclusive – we are people focused and approachable
• Enabling your creativity and entrepreneurship
• Competitive compensation package
• This position can be filled in Amersfoort or Singapore
- Develop the Market Analytics function and implement best of breed solutions using external market data sources
- Collaborate with the Global Category teams and Local Business Procurement teams
- Create and communicate key market insights for business decision making
- Analyse and manage external market sources
- Build, maintain and improve fundamental reports (supply and demand balances)
- Track commodity and semi commodity (Packaging & Logistics) markets and do on-demand analysis on non-commodity markets
- Scan structured and unstructured external data sources to explain price development and its drivers (availability, macro-economic, regulatory), advise on exposure and hedging
- Drive and improve automation and digitalization of all standard reports and improve all data driven processes
- Make market data a real business asset for decision making
- Proactive advocating of data-driven decision making
- Contribute to the future roadmap of innovative market development monitoring with techniques like Artificial Intelligence to improve forecasting and impact analysis
Data & Analytics has become a key discipline to enable our Global Procurement Transformation Program. We’re driving competitive advantage for FrieslandCampina by treating procurement data and analytics as a strategic asset. Working closely with Global Category Procurement and local Business Procurement and the specialists of our global IT department, together with a new team of talented data and analytics experts, you will play a crucial role in implementing our procurement D&A strategy.
Our team is engaged in many high impact projects and strategies within our procurement department. From data-driven market analysis & forecasting, to smart data management, to data modelling & data science.
The Procurement Data & Analytics team consists of 8 members located in the Netherlands, Hungary and Singapore. We lead procurement in data driven decision making and insights generation. Together we are driving the Data agenda of FrieslandCampina global procurement, creating an engaging journey for our 300 procurement professionals to become true data citizens. Come join us!