Internship Econometrics/Mathematic R&D
We deal with large amounts of diverse data within FrieslandCampina R&D. We believe that we can utilize this data to improve our innovation robustness, speed and impact. Developing new recipes is a big part of our work in R&D. Recipe development can be quite complex due to the numerous ingredients that are available, and the numerous constraints on the products that we have from a customer, consumer or a regulatory perspective. In this internship project, we would like to explore the use of algorithmic optimization techniques for recipe development. The intern will work with our internal (data) scientists to test one or multiple approaches (linear programming) for optimization, and help us in selecting the most suitable approach.
Wat we vragen
- You are pursuing a Masters degree in the Netherlands in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Econometrics or Operations Research
- Experience in using linear and non-linear programming approaches to optimization problems is a must have
- A knowledge of R or Python or a commercial optimization software is an advantage
- Can-do mentality towards solving tasks for which new skills need to be acquired fast
- Affinity towards or knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry
If you have any questions regarding this internship position, please contact Peter van Grunsven via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only process applications received via the website.
Wat we bieden
We offer an interesting and challenging internship position, providing you the opportunity to develop yourself in your work field. You can count on sufficient professional supervision and a good internship allowance.
- Team up with our internal (data) scientists and food technology colleagues, to understand the issue, business requirements, and the relevant data sources
- Learn new tools and techniques to use to tap into the data sources
- Conduct proof of concept of algorithmic optimization, using one or more approaches
- Share the results with business stakeholders, and collect feedback for further improvements
- Work towards selecting the best optimization approach in discussions with stakeholders
Through your work, you will get experience in working on real business issues using optimization approaches, get an opportunity to develop yourself on using state-of-art data handling and analytics tools, and an opportunity to work in a truly collaborative environment, and to build a network in FrieslandCampina.