WCCM Trade Analyst
For Dairy Essentials (and RFC) World Class Commodity Management (WCCM) is an important part of the daily decision taking on prices, risk positions, volume allocation etc. The bottom line results are directly affected by WCCM. We are currently looking for a WCCM Trade Analyst.
Key challenges in this position:
- Operate and develop a comprehensive risk & performance model
- Prepare weekly TRADE meetings including dashboards and scenario modelling
- Translate risk & performance scenarios into practical actions & impact
- Align with management in complex business decision taking
What we ask
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- A master degree, preferably in the area of Finance, Business economics and/or Data science
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in Finance, with significant exposure to modelling and financial data/KPI monitoring
- Strong analytical skills. Advanced proficiency on Excel is a requirement. Additional programming experience would be a distinctive advantage
- Business acumen to prepare and facilitate (commodity) business decision taking
- A self-driven and entrepreneurial personality with good conceptual thinking and with eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Strong (English) communications skills (written presentation & orals) and confidence in presenting to senior executives
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Market Finance for commodities (instruments – e.g. swaps, options, futures, mark-to-market methodology, general parameters)
- Knowledge of Commodity Market Risk Management (VaR/Stress methodology, calculation logic, repor
What we offer
Compensation & Benefits
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it's important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Operate the Risk Analytics & Scenario model. Prepare the overall TRADE dashboard and keeping this also aligned with the product line dashboards
Facilitate the weekly TRADE meetings which includes the decision making in risk-performance trade off’s
- Maintain the Risk Analytics & Scenario model and perform adjustments and upgrades to the model as needed such as adding new reporting templates, adding new products, updating some configuration parameters, automating some risk scenarios
- Support the development and automation of data acquisition reporting process (currently managed by a number of spreadsheet / extractions) to improve execution speed, reporting efficiency and reduce risk of errors
- Develop custom stress-tests / risk scenarios upon the request of the head of risk management to support specific analysis needed for risk committees or market review meetings
This position gives you the opportunity to directly contribute to the strategy of Dairy Essentials by enhancing our trading & risk management capabilities.
The WCCM Trade Analyst is positioned in the BG DE Risk & Reporting team, reporting to the BG DE reporting manager. The WCCM business analyst works also close with the WCCM risk manager and DE functions like Strategic Pricing & Market Intelligence, Financial trading and Dairy Supply Chain.
With BG DE MT there is a frequent and direct contact, like with the MT’s and finance teams of the DE product lines: Butter, Powder, Liquid trading and Cheese.
The WCCM initiative has started successfully in 2019 in the businessgroup Dairy Essentials. This also means that coming year(s) development (and scope extension) is a considerable part of the WCCM team.