FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. in Delhi, New York is seeking a Shift Manager for our 3rd Shift Production Team. As a Shift Manager, you are a key player in providing leadership to the production team and driving top-level performance with the objective of increasing productivity while ensuring safety and maintaining quality standards.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients is a global leader in dairy and plant-based value-added, healthy and functional ingredients and solutions. In close cooperation with customers and through the exchange of in-depth expertise, FCI helps customers to win in the market. Ingredients produce products where nutrition matters most, early life nutrition, performance, lifestyle, healthy aging, medical, and pharmaceutical with natural, value-added ingredients.
What we ask
We value talented people from any background eager to contribute to something bigger than themselves. All of our employees have a strong drive to work on things that matter and make decisions that increase the impact of our organization. It is our belief that everyone influences the company results and the realization of our purpose ‘Nourishing by Nature’ by providing better nutrition for the world. Therefore, your personal development is considered of great importance.
What we offer
Compensation and Benefits
FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. offers a competitive salary in conjunction with a comprehensive benefits package and key learning and training opportunities for your growth and development because your development is not only good for your career; our products and customers also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is evident on the work floor; it is, after all, the most effective way to learn. FrieslandCampina offers a platform in which you are the boss of your own career and development. We are always looking for talents that are customer-focused, take responsibility for their work, and are continuously looking for opportunities to make a change. We can’t make a better world on our own, but we can do things that matter together.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Below is our EEO Policy Statement.
Friesland Campina Ingredients North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants In addition to federal law requirements, FCINA, complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities within the United States. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of FCINA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. ** Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) **
Core competencies needed for this role include -
- Problem-solving skills to identify cause and effect
- A strong safety background
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Proven competency in supervisory activities (diplomacy, communicating effectively, conflict management, building team spirit, and understanding diverse viewpoints)
- Ability to understand quality management systems and the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) global standards
- Understanding of Production Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Working knowledge of GMP and Safety Regulation and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Coach, influence and motivate employees and other team members
- Pro-active Communication
- Cultural awareness
- Strong drive towards customer service and operational excellence
- Pro-active attitude and people person / team player
- Enthusiastic, able to motivate and engage with peers and colleagues
- Problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges
- Stress resistant
- Influencing Skills: Is able to manage and motivate people, can appeal to interest, culture and level of others, and participates in organizational changes
- Leadership Skills: Be a leader in the organization by coaching, developing autonomy, growing engagement to build a high-performance culture.
A bachelor's degree in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering, Business Management, or related field with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant management/supervisory experience in a dairy or ingredient manufacturing environment.
This position will be for our 3rd shift Production Team and requires schedule flexibility to work all shifts and weekends to cover for other Shift Managers.
Our location in Delhi, New York (with 100+ employees) focuses on the production of a range of hydrolysates protein for infant & toddler nutrition, adult (performance, lifestyle, healthy aging, and medical), food, beverage, and pharmaceutical. Our manufacturing facility operates within the Business Group Ingredients, we produce ingredients for several different customers both domestically and internationally.
Working at FrieslandCampina means that you contribute to a better world.