Safety - Health - Environment Manager
Translates FrieslandCampina Global SHE framework into applied practices and strategy. Communicates and develops programs and protocols aligned with local U.S.A. laws and regulations; develop framework for functional discipline and ensure quality of processes and management of systems, coordinate documentation, confer with external parties and legal advisors, assess compliance and advise management proactively related to Safety, Health and Environmental discipline, relevant federal/state/city/county legislation and certification standards as well as project requirements, in order to minimize health/safety/environmental risks/maximize and contribute to the reputation of FrieslandCampina as a safe organization for all stakeholders. Expand of control for North America includes Delhi, New York, Paramus, New Jersey and Miami, Florida.
What we ask
To be successful, you must be engaged, a curious learner, digitally savvy, a team player, deliver results and enjoy implementing and leveraging established programs that build high performing teams and fosters employee engagement.
Job Knowledge, Experience and Core Competencies
• BS in Occupational Health/Safety, Industrial Hygienist, Environmental or relative science degree (Masters preferred) with 7 plus years of managing SHE in a manufacturing setting, preferably in Dairy, Food, Ingredients or Pharma.
• Working knowledge and understanding of units operations (filtration/drying/evaporating), GMPs, Project management, Waste Water, Clear Air Act, OSHA, Chemicals and solid waste
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams
• Results oriented - problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges
• Vision and strategic planning
• Persuasiveness and Decisiveness - pro-active attitude and people person / team player
• Strong drive towards customer satisfaction and operational excellence
• Enthusiastic, able to motivate/engage with colleagues, management and customers
Advisory and Innovation: Develop trust and credibility, know your audience to influence and advise, communicate policies and solutions in an engaging manner, develop continuous knowledge and insights of SHE matters and adult learning styles, proactively search for opportunities to improve SHE compliance.
What we offer
At FrieslandCampina Ingredients we take good and transform it into great!
FrieslandCampina Ingredients is a world-class, global leader in dairy value-added, healthy, and functional ingredients and solutions. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value-add ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
The SHE Manager is essential to help ensure our success through the monitoring and improvement of safety, health and environmental polic and has the mindset that will always seek to do better! You will work in collaboration with a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people - what you do will be fulfilling, impactful, and meaningful - deliver healthy nutrition to millions around the world.
We offer a very competitive compensation package including health benefits and 401k. FrieslandCampina also offers you the ability to continue to grow, because that development benefits both our products and your career.
- Oversee, develop and implement programs to include global and local procedures, records and methods that are used to assure conformance with regulations and SHE Program Elements.
- Oversee site-wide SHE Programs/systems to include identifying and evaluating hazards/risks, implement corrective solutions and train/educate others on changes/new regulations.
- Ensure training for new joiner journey includes ownership of I AM SAFE philosophy and rules
- Oversee, coach and train to ensure local regulatory compliance on job safety analysis, workers compensation, OSHA injury reporting and fit for duty return to work, permits, Covid administration, and related projects
- Coordinate the response to regulatory compliance activities, including onsite inspections, written complaints, notices of violation, etc
- Develop annual SHE compliance goals, SHE performance targets, and SHE budget in conformance to global framework and local compliance.
- Lead and educate SHE committee in compliance with local governing laws.
- Monitor the skills and capabilities of those who assist with/or lead SHE programs; recommend training; provide coaching, feedback, and functional direction.
- Gather and report data, inform management of status, trends, and progress compared to goals.
- Provide, coordinate, and evaluate the effectiveness of the employee SHE training and education programs.
- Lead, coach develop and motivate the team and the individual employees
Business Complexity / Context
FCINA is part of a Dutch multi-international company with complexities at both the global and USA (local level), which requires an astute understanding of the culture, global and local SHE program/policies in order to translate and educate local staff and agencies, comply with the requirements of authorities to insure compliance within the framework of the Licence to Operate (emissions, construction permits, hygiene, etc.), the demands of customers, the demands of NY/NJ/FL sites of operation, and business group standards, Foqus SHE and Foqus Q.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. manufacturing site in Delhi, New York produces high-quality ingredients for the food industry that provide exceptional nutrition in the infant, sports, adult, and medical markets.
We believe that we need to embrace the challenges we are faced with so we work tirelessly to increase nutritional benefits, new sensory experiences, and innovative application methods to bring more goodness to our products and the customers we serve. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value-added ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.