R&D Product Developer - Hydrolysates Early Life Nutrition
For the New Product Development team within Early Life Nutrition we are looking for a Product Developer Hydrolysates.
In this position you will be responsible to initiate, develop, test, monitor, refine and implement new or improved products/processes/packages and prepare these developments for hand-over to an operational environment, in line with R&D and business strategy with the outcome of adding value for our customers.
You should feel comfortable operating in a team-based setting where some members may be separated geographically balancing multiple priorities.
What we ask
Knowledge and Education Level
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) degree in Food Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar science.
- Work experience in the hydrolysate or early life nutrition segment is considered a plus.
- Understanding recipe design and knowledge of product-process interactions is desired.
- Structured, well organized and good analytical skills with eye for detail and quality.
- Strong communication skills while working well both independently and within a team.
- Be comfortable operating in a team-based setting where some members are separated geographically, balancing multiple priorities.
- Able to cooperate and actively seek connection with colleagues on longer distance.
- Able to travel outside of the US when needed.
What we offer
At FrieslandCampina Ingredients we take good and transform it into great!
FrieslandCampina Ingredients is a world-class, global leader in dairy value-added, healthy, and functional ingredients and solutions. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value-add ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
FCI helps customers win in the market, especially where nutrition matters most such as infant & toddler nutrition, adult performance, lifestyle, healthy aging along with medical and cell nutrition industries with natural, value-added ingredients.
In this position your tasks and responsibilities amongst others will be:
- Development experiments: Set up, plan, execute and analyze experiments. Report the results with academic style, taking into account possible risks, both at laboratory scale and pilot scale. Support to keep the pilot plant and laboratory in good conditions.
- Up-scaling and factory trials: Upscale and implement new or changed products/processes/applications in the factory environment, according to all guidelines.
- Value engineering: Assess, improve and refine existing products/processes/ packages/applications and by doing so add value for our customers.
- Project management: Set-up, plan and execute projects in own area, within the project management guidelines and the corporate strategy.
- Innovation: Identify new commercial and technological developments inside and outside own organization, generate new opportunities, based on insights and creativity, share these with other professionals and create new technological innovations, in cooperation with others and in line with business requirements.
- Relationship management: Develops and maintains a network of relevant external and internal stakeholders (R&D, marketing, sales, Operations, QA).
- Guidance: Work under some guidance and general instructions in accordance with work agreements and procedures and supported by colleagues/management.
We believe that we need to embrace the challenges we are faced with so we work tirelessly to increase nutritional benefits, new sensory experiences, and innovative application methods to bring more goodness to our products and the customers we serve. The markets and our customers are highly dynamic and to make a difference we are commercially obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and the consumers. We are purpose-driven and every year we raise the bar in bringing high-quality, value add ingredients and solutions to our customers. Our ambition is to nourish the world, be specialists in proteins and gut health, not just milk proteins.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law. Improper interference with the ability of FCINA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.