Do you want to play an important role in packaging 66 kton of powder ingredients (B2B) produced in Veghel per year. Do you like to implement new packing materials, change the current packing, implement improvements on our lines and work in close contact with our operators, sales organization and R&D to improve the safety, quality, yield and/or sustainability or cost? Veghel is looking for a packaging technologist that wants to play a key role in packaging these products.
What we ask
We are looking for a driven candidate who can be the technological linking pin for our packaging lines. In this dynamic environment you address several topics simultaneously on our packaging departments. You work with different types of packaging (paper 25kg small bags and 1000kg big bag’s) on 5 different line’s that have a daily packaging capacity of around 200 tons.
- Relevant Bachelor/Master Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Process Technology or Process Engineering with some knowledge of packaging,
- Experience in a similar position within the Food industry is a pre;
- Hands-on mentality
- Be able to communicate on different levels and be able to motivate people;
- Basic knowledge of line automation, and business IT Systems & interfaces that are typically encountered in packaging lines (like label printers, scanners, check weighers, Metal detection);
- Solid Communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Well-developed Planning and Organization skills;
- Driven to take proactive ownership by analyzing and offering solutions.
- A team player who can easily collaborate with stakeholders from different disciplines like production, technology, quality control/assurance, logistics and continuous improvement
- Basic knowledge of process centerlining, and packaging process improvementWe encourage young professionals that just started their professional carrier to apply as well.
What we offer
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
You are part of a professional team of 20 technology colleagues that includes a(senior) packaging technologist
- Responsible for improving the packaging processes which contribute to safety, quality, yield and/or sustainability improvement or cost decrease;
- Supporting root cause analysis in case of complaints, quality or process deviations (trouble shooting);
- Proposing modifications and projects for process improvement and providing expertise in investment projects and coordinate the implementation in production;
- Improving the registration and update of technological knowledge by Standard Operating Procedures, process descriptions and project reports; training of operational specialists;
- Implementing and adjusting (new) packaging in close cooperation with production, the sales organization and central R&D.
- Developing a long term plan (roadmap) for the packaging departments, aligning this roadmap with stakeholders and take care of the implementation.
You will be working in a team of 20 technologists with a lot of experience in all the technologies available in Veghel. This team is eager to share their knowledge with you as a starter in this function and help you to do your job as success full as possible. You will be working in a big office building in the middle of our site in which most of the operational disciplines are based so contact with other departments is very easy. Because of this the atmosphere in the building is informal and the communication with your stakeholders is easy made. During lunch, we like to go outside for a walk or a good lunch in the restaurant to discuss daily live or one of the projects we are executing.