Within FrieslandCampina, Laboratory Quality Services (LQS) serves as independent central laboratory for QC-analyses in our products. As a Microbiology Expert, you will be part of the Microbiology team in the department of business support. The LQS Business Supports department operates in an international environment and supports more than 50 production locations worldwide with QC related expertise in microbiology, sensory, chemical and process analytic technology.
What we ask
- Academic degree (M.Sc. / PhD) in food technology, food microbiology or similar educations;
- Minimal 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment with applying microbiological knowledge.
- Strong expertise in microbiological testing, hygiene, preservation and food microbiology in general.
- Experience in troubleshooting on microbiological issues.
- Knowledge of dairy processing technology to be able to make the link between contamination, product and process hygiene.
- Knowledge in the field quality management and legislation with respect to processing of dairy products, factory hygiene, food safety and laboratory standards (IS0 17025).
- Affinity with NEN/ISO/IDF standard setting.
- Strong communication and project management skills with stakeholders at different levels in the organization, acting as an ambassador for the team and the projects the team is working on.
- Good at analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Change management skills to implement standards around new microbiological measurements.
- Capability to perform microbiological training .
- Excellent English communication skills. Dutch is a plus but not required.
- Team player.
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Workweek of 38 hours, competitive pension scheme, holiday allowance of 8%, end year allowance 3%, bonus scheme, flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- FrieslandCampina has a ‘fietsplan’
As Microbiology Expert, you will:
- Be a member of the FrieslandCampina Microbiology community and work closely with factories, QC, QA, technology and R&D worldwide.
- Have an expert role in root cause analysis and trouble shooting in relation to microbiological incidents from FrieslandCampina factories.
- Contribute to microbiological risk assessments for the FrieslandCampina portfolio, including predictive modelling (growth and inactivation)
- Streamline existing microbiological measurement techniques, and design and implement the future of QC for FrieslandCampina globally in close cooperation with all FC businesses.
- Be responsible for creating, governing, harmonizing and maintaining standards on Microbiology for FC locations worldwide in close cooperation with Corporate QA.
- Steer international norm setting in NEN/ISO/IDF context.
- Maintain an internal as well as external network to constantly scout for new microbiological developments.
- Initiate and lead internal and external (research) projects in the field of improving quality control and management.
- Build and execute training programs in cooperation with business groups to improve quality and hygiene awareness at FC locations at various levels.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
The Microbiology Cluster within Business Support is a growing team that plays an essential role in further developing, implementing and maintaining the FrieslandCampina strategy for Microbiology - QC methods that are faster, smarter and at most reliable when it comes to end product release and a controlled product and production process. The team supports, on a daily basis, FrieslandCampina operational companies (OpCo’s) and factories on dairy microbiology analytics, contributes to sustainable solving of problems and is part of RCA-teams.
As an expert, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of specialists, which are mostly located in the Netherlands. You will be based in Leeuwarden / the Netherlands. Regular travel in the Netherlands and with lower frequency globally is expected.