Manager, Security Operations
The Manager Security Operations is responsible for handling global cyber security events, issues and incidents, and monitoring the resolution of security incidents. He is responsible for the maintenance and test of runbooks in case of security incidents and the creation of the operational and tactical cyber security dashboard. The Manager Security Operations Officer supervises the activities of the (outsourced) Security Operations Center and the internal SOC team and defines short-term and long-term improvement actions. The Manager Security Operations advises and supports the CISO and collaborates with the Security Officers in the IT Service departments and different business teams.
What we ask
- You are customer focused and can act with speed and decisiveness to achieve the best results.
- You take responsibility for your work and are continuously looking for new opportunities to make a change.
- Proactive, intervenes as appropriate and able to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders to implement solutions that safeguard the IT systems.
- Broad knowledge of IT security and solid hands-on experience in implementing various IT security technologies, particularly Microsoft solutions, to secure a complex end user computing operation.
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent. Recognized IT security certification is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT Security with sound technical knowledge on Microsoft solutions such as authentication and authorization, AV, APT, MFA, PKI, DLP, Encryption, etc.
- Professional certification in IT Security or Forensic preferred – e.g. CISM/CISSP/CEH/CFCE/CHFI/GCIH/GCFA or GCIA etc.
- Knowledge and experience of world class IT Security methods and best practice
- Familiar with use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, and provision with technical skills
- Expertise in hacking and intrusion techniques and prior experience with security testing and computer system diagnostics
- Experience of working in a complex geographical/functional matrix organization
- Skills in relationship management and influencing at all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience in IT related positions, with experience in managing teams and technical experts
- Knowledge and understanding on networking (LAN/WAN) and cloud services (Azure, AWS and O365) is preferred.
- Knowledge and application of IT security standards, security control frameworks and risk management techniques.
What we offer
FrieslandCampina offers you a place to be yourself. In an innovative work environment with facilities and support that are second to none, we welcome your skills, ideas, and passion. Most of all we welcome you as the person you are and the person you want to be. Our mission is to liberate people to work smarter.
Our reward policies support FrieslandCampina’s values and business strategy by helping to attract, engage and retain the best possible talent at every level. We offer remuneration packages that recognize and reward individual performance, experience, and potential, while reflecting competitive practices in all the countries in which we operate. A transparent, consistent, and fair approach to reward is critical to our success and growth
1. Security Operations Management
- Service Manager for the security supplier for the Security Operations Center
- Define and monitor improvement plan for Security Operations processes, which includes:
- Improvement of detection of security incidents by reduction of false/positive rate
- Increase in effectiveness of runbooks in case of security incidents / crisis
- Create and maintain a database of Indicators of Compromise for FrieslandCampina
- Create and maintain an operational and tactical cyber security dashboard
- Attend operational security meetings with suppliers
Results: Cyber Security Dashboard
2. Security Incident Management
- Responsible for the global security incident management process
(governance, management / coordination of global security incidents)
- Monitor and follow up on global cyber security events and incidents.
- Align with problem management in improvement actions regarding of security incidents
- Monitor the implementation of the defined security controls
- Analyze and conduct audits with regard to the implementation of security controls and their effectiveness
Results: Effective cyber security incident management process
- Maintain an operation cyber security board with security stakeholders within C-ICT
- Communicate changes of security baselines, principles and guidelines internally as well as to suppliers.
- Regularly communicate the updated security dashboard to stakeholders.
- Use visualizations to explain the vision, analysis of opportunities and risk, choice and consequences
Results: Security Operations Board
4. Runbooks, security baselines, principles and guidelines
- Define, review and operationalize runbooks, security baselines, principles and guidelines
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of security runbooks
Results: Security Runbooks
5. Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Set up and maintain an operational threat and vulnerability management system that adhere to the defined vulnerability and patch management standards.
- Perform regular risk assessments in alignment with IT service departments and make risks and security improvement actions actionable to the IT service owners.
- Supervise actions in case services / projects or information is at risk or when threats warrant it
- Identify trends relating to (potential) security breaches, current security risks and incidents
- Assess developments and trends for the organization and inform and advise management on these developments
Results: Effective threat and vulnerability management program
This role will report to the Global Director Information Risk & Security, handling day to day security operations matter including project delivery. Cyber Security is regarded as an enterprise responsibility for FrieslandCampina. Effective cyber security incident and crisis management processes within FrieslandCampina are key focus areas in the corporate cyber security strategy. FrieslandCampina Security Operations Center is fully operational (hybrid). The Manager Security Operations Officer is the primary point of contact within FrieslandCampina for detective and responsive security controls and activities in which the Security Operations Center play a crucial role.