Manager Demand Planning
A true global role between Sales and Supply Chain. Where customer satisfaction and operational excellence meet each other every day!
The Global Demand Manager drives the demand planning capability across all regions (Latin America, North America, EMEA, APAC and China) and Corporate Key Accounts.
Once per month the global demand plan is consolidated based on the Regional and CKA demand plans, as part of the global S&OP process. He/She builds a global demand team consisting of 4 regional demand planners (reporting into the RSO – CKA directors) and 2 Demands goods Movement managers (reporting into the SC director). With a strong connect to the Financial team of Go to Market: the reliability of the demand plan strongly impacts the quality of the financial outlook, including risks and opportunities.
What we ask
- Academic / Master degree in logistics or business economics
- Minimum 5 years working experience in B2B Supply Chain / Demand management
- Data driven, analytical; understands how Supply Chain thinks
- Commercial acumen; understands how Customers and Sales thinks
- Connects with different stakeholders easily
- Problem solver and building bridges, thinks in Win-Win.
- Keeping the overview: drives longer term improvements while solving day to day challenges
- Deep understanding of Demand Management (Sales forecasting) withing S&OP
- Systems: SAP, APO, MSTR (moving to Power BI), Excel
- Understanding of the B2B ingredients market, preferably in dairy
- Languages: English
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Competitive pension scheme, holiday allowance of 8%, end year allowance 3%, bonus scheme, flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
- Prepares consolidated sales volumes overview into a monthly global Demand plan with horizon M3-M18 as part of the S&OP process.
- Ensures market and commercial priorities are appropriately reflected in S&OP Plans
- Connects with regional and CKA demand planning team and Demand Goods Movement managers to set commercial priorities and manage product allocation, based on Customer Segmentation and other relevant variables
- Drives process of tactical and operational decision making when needed, e.g. in case of short term demand-supply mismatches with horizon M1-M3
- Drives Forecast accuracy and Bias improvement initiatives together with Regional/CKA Demand Planners and Customer Teams
- Supports inventory management and obsolete / restricted use action plans when needed, in close collaboration with the Inventory manager, Product Group Management and Demand goods movement managers.
- Supports improving the quality of the S&OP process, towards IBP including financial implications as a part of the decision making.
The Ingredients business group focuses on high-end nutritional products and solutions for all life stages. The organization is divided into two market segments: Early Life & Cell Nutrition, focusing on ingredients for infant nutrition and research in the area of cell nutrition, and Adult Nutrition, with subsegments focusing on Performance Nutrition, Active Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. Our ingredients are mainly developed and produced for Business-to-Business purposes. This means that we deliver ingredients and semi-finished products to our external customers, for them to use in their end products and sell them to consumers all over the world, depending on the specific market segment.
The Global demand Manager is reporting into the Commercial Director who runs a team with a Commercial Execution Manager (focusing on Sales Excellence and Innovation delivery), the Business development team of ELN (focusing on innovation delivery) and the Global business development manager of Cell Nutrition. He/She is closely working with the Customer Connectivity leadership team consisting of the Finance Director GtM, the Regional Sales Office and Corporate Key Account directors and the Customer Connectivity Director. In the execution of the role, there is frequent connection with the Regional and Corporate Key account Demand planners as well as the Demands Goods Movement managers.