Intern Data Engineering
Would you like to learn (and by) building a Data Science Platform on Cloud? And at the same time collaborate with Data Engineers and Data Scientists working on real life use-cases?
You will be working along-side Data Engineers;
- enabling Data Science products in the company;
- design and implement data science and analytics products and dashboards for end-users and business users within the company.
Your contribution and learning will act as a baseline documentation to help the team and company for future developments.
What we ask
- Enthusiasm and Open to learn new technologies
- Eagerness for innovation and creating cool geeky things.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering (understanding and reading code, version control, stackoverflow are known concepts).
- Interest in data engineering (data ingestion, analysing data, data visualization, etc.)
- Not scared of creating solutions that fail, and come up with alternate solutions/ideas
- Documenting your work, including failures.
- Bonus: Github projects, Blog, open source contributions
- Bonus: If you have already have used and know any cloud technology
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- Working with open-minded and friendly people
- Freedom to explore solutions
- Guidance and help from experienced professionals in the industry
- Hackathon days, where you get the opportunity to solve a real problem along with the team
- Informal virtual game evenings, coffee talks with geeks
In this position, you will:
- Work with colleagues in the Corporate IT - Data Science and Process Excellence team
- Design and build future ready and scalable data solutions
- Help in defining data science principles, MLOps lifecycle and help business users in their transformation journey
- Work in an agile team consisting of data engineers, analysts, data scientists and subject matter experts from within IT and business groups
- Learn new tools and techniques including (but not limited to) cloud services e.g., Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics and AzureML.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
- Being part of global IT team, we lead by example in creating bleeding edge Data Science solutions on Cloud
- We build data products with a goal towards sustainability and nourishing by nature
- Provide support and guidance for teams and business across the company in terms of Data and Analytics use cases
- Build solutions to enable data driven decision capabilities.