Head of Business Procurement - Ingredients
In the Global Procurement organization of FrieslandCampina we are looking for a Head of Business Procurement - Ingredients.
At FrieslandCampina Procurement, you will join a highly ambitious department with the mission to bring value for FrieslandCampina via a Transformation program. Inspired by connectivity, people development and efficiency, the Transformation Program offers a unique opportunity to change the heart of Procurement. We are seeking talented Procurement professionals who have a change mindset and want to join us. We value talent!
What we ask
- Substantial experience in Procurement (8-10 years) and understanding of and having implemented procurement best practice, innovative methodologies and standards, ideally gained in the areas of business/regional procurement as well as category procurement, covering direct as well as indirect categories
- Well developed business partnering skills: commercial acumen and strong understanding of and ability to challenge business needs and translate them into key sourcing priorities to ensure Procurement expertise is maximize value and mitigate risks
- Experienced negotiator and Suplier relationship Management capabilities
- Financial understanding on P&L and Working Capital, understanding the impact of own actions and market developments on these, ability to give a clear financial picture vs budget, risks & opportunities and articulate and execute mitigation plans.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project from defining the overall project, identify stakeholders, manage activities, time plans, report status and handle issues towards successful delivery
- Experience gained in a mature Procurement organization and preferably in a B2B environment is advantageous.
- Strong influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills at Business Group MT level as well as tactical/operational with operational teams / factories
- Experienced team manager and talent developer
- Habit of setting high though realistic standards, measuring performance and understanding why initiatives fail or succeed, in order to create new and better outcomes
- Able to clearly define, draw bigger picture and translate to processes, projects and action plans
- Courage to address difficult issues, ceasing opportunities and making bold decisions
- Acting with pace and decisiveness, giving others the confidence to do the same
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
You will join an organization that aims to be the leader in healthy and sustainable dairy products and be a driving force to elevate Procurement to make it a strategic asset to the Company. Business procurement assures we develop the right value propositions with Category and Suppliers to support delivery of our business strategy while maximizing value from sourcing. It serves as the linking partner between the business and Categories in order to translate business needs into sourcing strategies and implement them with excellence to drive value.
This position has been newly created to give more weight to the business procurement function and will lead a team of 7 Business Procurement Managers serving their respective Business unit / Plant. You will report to the Business Procurement Director and will be part of the Extended Procurement Leadership Team and the Ingredients Supply Chain Leadership Team.
You will challenge the categories to develop customer-centric actionable sourcing strategies and engage business stakeholders in sourcing strategies and partner with them to bring them into action by aligning priorities, resourcing and removing roadblocks. You will drive a continuous value engineering mindset (Value In Cost Out) by running external competitive benchmark and challenging new or existing products design, to reduce costs and increase consumers and customer’s value with business stakeholders. You will increase Procurement focus and capabilities on high-value adding activities impacting E2E P&L (innovation, sustainability, total cost of ownership, strategic partnerships).
As part of our transformation we are redefining our culture and values in line with our ambition and what we want to achieve for the organisation. Focus will be on increasing capabilities and moreover, raising the leadership bar across the team in order to become a trusted business partner: more daring, courage to speak up, being at the table with business leaders both supporting and challenging their views with respect to procurement strategies.
As a leader you will be expected to nourish an inclusive mindset with mutual respect in which the team has the opportunity to learn from failures and celebrate successes. You foster collaboration, operating as ‘one team’, breaking silos and being open for other’s perspectives, creating a performance mindset enhancing excellence in execution. Main focus areas of the assignment when entering this position will be:
- Secure supply— making sure we do not interrupt or stop any factory operation
- Deliver Value— deliver our business promises (value / cash / sustainability)
- Provide businesses with P&L impact visibility - market insights, savings, risks and opportunities
Transformation—Sourcing for the Stars
- Role modelling Procurement ambition and leading the transformation implementation from a strategic, governance and people perspective
- Promoting the credibility of all business procurement professionals
Main areas of responsibility:
- Strategy Development: Participate in the development of the Global Procurement strategy and drive the specific input and translation of BG requirements and plans into the overall strategy. Support the business in setting-up the 12Q plan and integrate this in the individual category plans.
- Strategy implementation: Communicate the Corporate Procurement strategy with Business Group executives. Develop, ratify and execute annual targets for the Business Group.
- Execution owner: Owning the local implementation in time and result of category strategy and continuous improvement projects.
- Supplier Relationship Management + Innovation: Develop and maintain relationships with key and strategic suppliers to facilitate strategic partnerships leading to innovations, sustainability and increased value. Drive Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Management for key (strategic) suppliers. Driving outside in innovation through strong supplier relationship management.
- Financial results delivery & management: Manage the financial process. Be the budgeting (savings) process owner and deliver on local targets. Ensure translation of commodity price variations into the BG cost prices.
- Business strategy: Co-creating of the business strategy, including thought leadership and innovation.
- Stakeholder Management: Ensure to build and maintain good relationships at tactical and strategic level and seek approval on strategies, roadmaps and program activities.
- People Management: Identifies people and organizational requirements to enable achievement of short to medium term business plan results.
- Resource Management: Ensures the right resources (own or partners’) are in place with appropriate support to achieve medium term business results
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V, headquartered in Amersfoort, provides hundreds of millions of people throughout the world with dairy products and the valuable nutrients from milk each and every day. Together with our member farmers, we manage the entire production chain: from grass to glass
We provide consumers with dairy products, such as milk, yoghurt, condensed milk, dairy-based beverages, cheese, butter and cream. In addition, we supply nutrition to specific consumer groups, such as children, the elderly and sportspeople. Next to that we provide professional customers, such as bakers, pastry chefs, chocolate confectioners, chefs and caterers, a broad product range of creams, butters, desserts and fillings. We also supply high quality healthy and functional ingredients for all stages of life to international producers of foods and it supplies ingredients for pharmaceutical applications. Our main consumer brands are Campina, Friesche Vlag (or Frisian Flag in Indonesia), Chocomel, Optimel, Milner, Landliebe, Dutch Lady, Peak, Rainbow, Debic and Friso.
We are one of the largest dairy companies in the world with a cooperative tradition going back 150 years. In 2020, 11,100 member dairy farms in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium supplied approximately ten billion kilos of milk for processing into dairy products and ingredients.
The global procurement team consist of around 300 professionals that operate as one team to deliver business value across all of businesses and regions. The function, with an annual spend of ~EUR 5bln., is in the midst of transforming to an hybrid model combining expertise and scale from central Category teams, proximity and excellence in execution from local Business Procurement teams and transactional efficiency and support from regional Procurement Operations & Excellence teams.
The goal is to transform Procurement from a traditional ‘savings operation’ to becoming a true business partner that adds value to FrieslandCampina; from cost to value. This means procurement aims to be closer to and part of the business at an early stage in the process. It is about knowing business needs, markets trends and developments, and bringing that in together with a strategic perspective to develop relevant and tailored sourcing solutions creating value (savings, innovation, sustainability, cash, et cetera) to each businesses and/or region.
In this context, the strategic transformation program ‘Sourcing for the Stars’ (SftS) has recently been launched to create a future proof global procurement function. We are now entering the phase of implementation in this program, that is all about activating the people, driving a high performing team.
To achieve success in the program, we have set three main goals:
- Efficiency: Increase efficiency by standardization and automation of processes and digitization
- Capabilities: Invest in our people and skills, building strong capabilities
- Value creation: Increase focus on high-value adding activities impact E2E P&L (innovation, sustainability, cost savings, cash flow)