Category Procurement Manager Logistics - IME & pallets
Are you interested in joining our global procurement transformation journey?
An exciting opportunity to add your strategic view and procurement capabilities to the global Internal Material handling Equipment (IME or forklifts) and pool pallets of FrieslandCampina.
Does this lift your interest?
In this role:
You will be managing the procurement of IME and pool pallets around the globe.
You will focus on creating successful procurement strategies for IME and pool pallets in line with FrieslandCampina business needs.
You will be working with key contact points per business group for the implementation of these strategies.
You will manage the relationship with related suppliers and their performance (SRM). In addition you will support the global suppliers to maximize the value they bring to our daily business of feeding the world with highly nutritious products.
The combined spend of the subcategories is approximately € 30 MM, however the impact on FrieslandCampina’s operations is much higher in terms of moving our goods around efficiently, safely and as sustainably as possible.
At FrieslandCampina Procurement, you will join a highly ambitious department with the mission to bring value for FrieslandCampina via a Transformation program. Inspired by connectivity, people development and efficiency, the Transformation Program offers a unique opportunity to change the heart of Procurement. We are seeking talented Procurement professionals who have a change mindset and want to join us. We value talent!
Is this the right job for YOU? Read further and apply!
What we ask
- You have a dynamic and enthusiastic personality, you enjoy working in a diverse team, you are a self-starter and you organize and prioritize your own and your team’s workload.
- You have a broader view than just your position and you can identify with our purpose ‘Nourishing a better planet”, where logistics, safety and sustainability have your genuine interest.
- You take responsibility for your work and are continuously looking for new opportunities to make a difference, and with your strong communication and interpersonal skills, you are able to build and maintain effective relationships with team, suppliers and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience with IME and/or pool pallets either from business-owner side, supplier side or procurement side and understand the impact they have on supply chains.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a relevant subject and have min. 4 years of relevant experience in a Procurement, Supply Chain or commercial role in a complex international company, preferably in the FMCG or food industry, and are seeking to bring your commercial drive, industry learnings and supplier capabilities into FrieslandCampina.
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
- Develop global category strategies for the own subcategories IME and Pool pallets and coordinate the implementationof them.
- Manage internal client relationships with key stakeholders in all Business Groups across the globe.
- Build relationships and co-own the performance of key suppliers, leveraging supplier capabilities beyond the service delivered. In addition, leverage visibility capabilities on incidents, damages and safety performance (via FMS software).
- Analyze and assess current subcategory spend and operational model, including lease vs buy assessments.
- Develop insight in market dynamics: utilize cost models, market price analysis overviews, value chain analyses; monitor supply sources and important market trends.
- Co-design and prepare sourcing strategies; prepare, plan and steer the execution of tenders by S2C colleagues and conduct negotiations for the own subcategories.
- Support existing processes for increased safety and sustainability in Logistics and create, manage and coordinate initiatives to improve the category’s safety, social and environmental impact.
- Category strategy per subcategory
- Value add and Hard savings
- Realised sustainable solutions
- Implemented Safety guidelines
- Payment term improvement
- SRM process in place
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
The Corporate Procurement department takes care of all purchasing. The team operates across their global offices and factories, across all functions and business groups.
FrieslandCampina Procurement is driving a Source for the Stars Transformation program that seeks to create more value for the company in a more effective way. Strong Category Procurement teams and strategies are one of the key pillars of this transformation. The Procurement team has strong relationships with key stakeholders and solid P2P tooling (Coupa) is in place.
To realize this ambition, FrieslandCampina Procurement has set three main goals:
- Increase focus on high-value adding activities impacting E2E P&L (innovation, sustainability, cost savings, cash flow)
- Increase efficiency by specialization of roles and responsibilities and invest in people and skills, building strong capabilities
- Increase efficiency by standardization and automation of processes and digitization.