Channel & Category Development Manager
At FrieslandCampina Consumer Dairy Netherlands & Export EU (CD NL) located in Amersfoort, we are looking for a commercially skilled Channel & Category Development Manager.
As Channel & Category Development Manager you are responsible to develop and implement high-quality insights-driven channel & category vision/strategies for the assigned channels and categories, as key input for and in line with the Strategy and 12Q brand/channel & customer plans. You support the Sales organisation in execution of Consumer and Channel Activation plans focused on in-store visibility and activation, distribution and (national) promo plan. This in order to influence the customer purchasing behavior and the consumer purchasing behavior at the point of sale.
What we ask
- Academic/Master-level education and > 10 years of experience (sales and / or marketing experience);
- Retail knowledge, knowledge of all channels in the Netherlands and knowledge of sustainability;
- Experience in sales, trade marketing or category development;
- Being data and result driven;
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual thinking ability;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Influencing skills and stakeholder management skills;
- You take ownership;
- Growth-mindset: enthusiasm for acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Fluent in the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken.
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package (Competitive pension scheme, holiday allowance of 8%, bonus scheme, flexible working hours and the ability to work from home).
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths .
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners.
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy.
In this function you are responsible to:
- Channel / category vision(strategy)
- Develop and contribute to the development of a vision for the category/channel, based on analysis and the general shopper marketing planning and input from Marketing and Sales as a key input for the CDNL strategy and 12Q Brand/Channel & Customer plans
- Insights / knowledge development: collect, interpret and process data (or ensure that this is done) concerning (external) developments and trends with regard to the category/channel, the buyer and the competition within the appointed area of attention.
- Draw up and report on a category/channel year plan as well as the provision of regular updates, based on the approved category/channel vision and in agreement with the Sales and Marketing departments to grow numeric and weighted distribution in (selected) areas.
- Identify opportunities to further grow distribution of Hero SKUs across channels and improve exposure.
- Brand activation (per channel)
- Design and (further) develop concepts and activities (such as strategies on distribution, pricing, promotion, shelf positioning, shelf share), in line with the approved category/channel plan and in cooperation with the Sales and/or Marketing departments.
- Organization and coordination
- Plan, coordinate and implement the activities defined in the category/channel plan, e.g. by visiting stores and coordinate activities with Marketing and Sales departments.
Project Management: Define, plan, manage and coordinate assigned internal and external projects, within the project management guidelines.
This position is part of the Sales department of the Operating Company Consumer Dairy Netherlands & Export EU (NL & EE). CD NL & EE is one of the Operating Companies within the European Consumer Dairy organization, which belongs to the Business Group Food & Beverage. This Business group is one of the four Business Groups within FrieslandCampina and responsible for selling, planning, making and delivering consumer dairy products around the globe. Within the sales CD NL department, you will be part of the Channel & Category Development team. The team you will be part of consists of the Director CCDM, three Customer Category Managers, three Channel Development Managers and a Planogram manager. The position will report to the Director Channel & Category Development.
We will enjoy some time of during the Christmass holidays - evaluations & interviews will be picked of from the 2nd week of January 2023