Senior Proces Technoloog
You will lead (and initiate) development, optimization and testing of new and existing production processes. To do process development, conceptual design and engineering in multidisciplinary teams with the aim of creating new, innovative, predictable and controlled production processes and build up relevant knowledge in the process technology field, by;
- Building knowledge and introducing process technological innovations to make our products and processes better, smarter and more sustainable.
- Leads Technological projects in the most effective and efficient way to fulfill our commitments. Acts as process Licensor in (small) Capex projects
- Continuously identify and develop improvement processes by combining knowledge shared within the company, and outside expertise.
- Continues improvement support by identifying and support of implementing process optimizations
What we ask
- At least Higher vocational/bachelor (HBO) working and thinking level chemical engineering or (bio) process engineering. With 6-10 years of experience in similar position
- Or at least Academic/Master (WO) working and thinking level chemical engineering or (bio) process engineering. With 4-8 years of experience in similar position
- Experience in Food/Pharma sector is preferred
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence;
- We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package so you can enjoy it;
- Workweek of 38 hours, competitive pension scheme, holiday allowance of 8%, end year allowance 3%, bonus scheme, flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey;
- Exceptional support of cross disciplinary movement within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths;
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners;
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world.
The senior technologist is able to address issues in the powder or booster lines, taking into account the impact on the whole site Meppel. Job includes but is not limited to:
- Supports to operation (including complex troubleshooting)
- Leading route-cause analyses in case of complaints, quality or process deviations
- Leads the implementation of new products & manufacturing processes (OPEX)
- Leads improvements of existing manufacturing processes, is responsible for analyzing and optimizing existing manufacturing processes, equipment, and installations, with the purpose of safety, quality, sustainability, efficiency
- Support to developing new, safe, more sustainable and/or optimizing existing processes by implementing technological innovations and best practices and gathering information through literature review and/or third parties / technology suppliers.
- Takes part, in multidisciplinary strategic and/or investment projects and studies, to design and develop technology master plans based on strategy requirements and vision.
- Suggests and support implementation of technology processes and standards in projects and at current production locations.
- Leads large (sub) projects across more disciplines, and defines scope of (sub)project
- Analyzes and interprets the results and provides well-researched and specified reports and design documents. Is capable to identify relevant research requests, analyze and/or prescribe experimental work and/or pilot plant tests. Presents and defends the findings to the Manager Process Technology and other relevant management or peers.
- Improves the registration and update of technological knowledge. Maintains close contacts with F&B Technology, other relevant internal parties and R&D groups for knowledge acquisition. Builds knowledge of the processes and the process product interactions of BGI and supports developing and maintains process technology know how in his/her field of technology, in such a way that existing processes will be maintained and (for specified technologies) continuous improvement and/or technology innovations can be developed and implemented.
- Responsible for personal safety and that of colleagues, and work according to all the safety rules.
Frieslandcampina Meppel is part of Business Group Ingredients and employs approximately 200 full time employees. In Meppel we produce a range of Business to Business high-fat and IFT powders that are sold and distributed by Ingredients Go To Market entities for the Pharmaceutical, Infant Food, Food and Beverage markets (Creamers, Instant whipping agents, Grassa & Crema, Sana, GOS). With over 380 SKU’s and 180 recipes Meppel is a versatile factory with as goal to be the most attractive producer of high-end ingredients using booster and belt drying technologies.