Lead Data Scientist
Do you want to make positive impact, work for one of the biggest dairy companies in the world and take a leading role towards shaping our growing data science community? Then we're looking for you.
As a Lead Data Scientist at FrieslandCampina, you will be part of the ambitious Global Data Science team within our Data & Analytics Cluster within IT. Data Science is a key discipline to enable our Data Driven Company strategy: Drive competitive advantage for Frieslandcampina by treating data as a strategic asset. Working closely with Product Owners and SMEs from Digital, Commerce, and Supply Chain functions and together with a team of talented data people (e.g. solution architects, analytics translators, data scientists & data engineers) you will play a crucial role in this strategy.
Our team is behind many high impact projects within FrieslandCampina. From data-driven market analysis & forecasting to smart manufacturing and asset management. You will have the opportunity to shape new data product innovations for FrieslandCampina, like predicting product quality and optimizing material yield with AI. You will use applied statistical techniques, machine learning, evaluating causation and impact. You will take data projects throughout their entire lifecycle, from conceptualization & solution design through proof of concepts, to deployments in Production.
Ce que nous demandons
Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master or PhD) in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies.
8+ years working experience in data science.
Expert knowledge of data science techniques, machine learning algorithms & frameworks and ML related math.
Advanced experience in Python (must have), Spark and other programming languages.
A desire to coach and educate your fellow colleagues and the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders.
Experience in Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Databricks, Azure ML and visualization tools are a big plus.
Ce que nous offrons
Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence.
We offer great work life balance, and competitive salary & benefits package.
Diverse training and mentoring programs to help you grow on your own professional journey.
Exceptional support via cross disciplinary data-driven programs within the company to broaden your knowledge and growth paths.
A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners.
Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world.
Description du poste vacant
Your are a thought leader who doesn't mind of getting your hands dirty - you are able to join programming with your fellow data scientists when there is a need to.
What you are expected to deliver:
Data Science solution development:
- Work closely with business product owners and data scientists to define big picture objectives around innovations and key actionable insights . Translate requirements into meaningful data science deliverables.
- Develops data science solutionswithe latest technologies & techniques in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Big Data.
- Owns development aspects of the engagement and integrates user experience towards framing data product’s
- Demo model results to senior business executives, facilitates adaptation of data science solutions and results in key business processes and decisions with trackable value
Virtual Leader for global data science community:
- Improves data product development cycle by establishing new standards and best practices regarding data science experiments, knowledge retention and model evaluation.
- Develops community of practice for data science and coaches other data scientists
- Fosters innovations in model architecture and machine learning algorithms.
- Has an overview of the current data science tech stack in the team and is able to give technical guidance. Determines technical & business knowledge growth areas for data science community in accordance with business strategy.
Thought leader for data science in the organization:
- Drives business awareness on senior management level about the use cases and potential of data science. Drives innovation through thought leadership.
- Ensures to bring knowledge from other projects and similar domains internally and externally.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
You will work with cross-functional teams that works with following mindset & behaviors
Drive: what is on your plate is done, and blockers are communicated immediately. You can keep up with a fast pace of work. You are proactive & display a bias towards action over inaction. You work independently and reach out immediately when you have questions.
Partner: Collaborating and connecting is your default way of working. You consistently seek to understand the needs of our users & customers.
Dare: you don't need to be a master of agile / scrum / lean / design thinking, but you learn eagerly & rapidly. You are comfortable with ambiguity; you are okay with working in grey areas, and don't demand a black & white reality.
Inclusive: You thrive in a diverse environment, ensuring that needs from multiple stakeholders are taken into account.